The Boat Galley
By Carolyn Shearlock
Some links below (including all Amazon links) are affiliate links, meaning that I earn from qualifying purchases. Learn more.
Since discovering that I have Type 2 diabetes almost a year ago, my eating style has changed drastically. No more skillet meals. No more pasta. Simply put, diabetics are carb-intolerant and I eat very few carbs each day — and those that I do are slow-acting.
That means that I eat far more “plain” meats, cheese and eggs. But when I say “plain” meats, what I really mean is that they aren’t mixed with other ingredients, not that they don’t have tons of flavor!
This Spicy Grilled Pork Tenderloin is naturally very low carb, easy to make and absolutely delicious. Add in the fact that it keeps heat out of the boat or kitchen by grilling and lets the cook be part of the pre-dinner socializing, and it’s a real winner.
My low carb way of eating is even more restrictive than a keto diet, so this recipe is also good for those doing keto. Plus it’s gluten-free and dairy-free.
The only somewhat unusual ingredient is ground jalapeno. You can find it in the spice aisle in many Mexican groceries, in some general supermarkets, and on Amazon:
However, if you can’t find it, you can substitute additional cayenne pepper. It’s still a great rub!
Spicy Grilled Pork Tenderloin
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Refrigerate Time: 2 hrs
Total Time: 2 hrs 40 mins
Delicious keto/LCHF grilled pork tenderloin that everyone will love! Spicy rub using three types of pepper plus cinnamon, cloves, cumin, mustard and garlic. Only 4g carbs!
Course: Main Dish
Cuisine: Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Grill, Keto/LCHF, Mexican/Southwestern
Calories: 192 kcal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground jalapeno
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 10 ounces pork tenderloin
- Combine all spices in a small bowl.
- Lay tenderloin on waxed paper or aluminum foil. Sprinkle with half the spice mixture and rub in. Roll tenderloin over and rub with remaining spice mixture. Fold wax paper (or foil) completely around tenderloin and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Remove from wax paper and grill over medium heat with lid closed. Turn over every 5 minutes for a total of https://theboatgalley.com/spicy-grilled-pork-tenderloin-keto-lchf-gluten-and-dairy-free/30 minutes, or until thermometer inserted into the center reads 145 degrees F. Let stand 3 minutes before slicing and serving.
Notes, Substitutions and Variations
Prepared mustard can be used instead of dry mustard. Use 2 teaspoons and mix well.
If you can’t find ground jalapeno, use additional cayenne pepper.