By Sandra Bonnefond Jolly
HAPPY DAYS OF THE MULTIHULL INDUSTRY…
The marina dedicated to the 4th edition of the International Multihull Boat Show, fully booked… !
Especially layed out for the event (more than 250m of additional floating docks, commercial spaces on the pontoons – see attached map…), the Mediterranean harbour is about to welcome a new edition from 10 to 14 April.
This show is becoming over the years the global venue of the multihull world and offers this year an exceptionnal showcase . Many exhibitions of catamarans or trimarans are European Premieres and even World Premieres , and deliver the dynamism of this niche in the boating industry.
The French shipyards who keep the leadership of the multihull industry, will of course be highly represented. We note the exhibition in water of many new boats :
- AQUALI 33 (VOILERIE-ESPACE): New
- BAMBA 50 (BAMBA YACHTS): Premiere in the Med
- CATAMARAN VA 32 (ASSOCIATION WATEVER- boat designed for people with reduced mobility): World Premiere
- CATANA 59 (Chantier CATANA) : New
- CUMBERLAND 47 LC (FOUNTAINE-PAJOT): World Premiere
- HELIA 44 (FOUNTAINE-PAJOT) : New
- LAGOON 39 (CNB-LAGOON): New
- LAGOON 52 (CNB-LAGOON): European Premiere
- OUTREMER 5X (OUTREMER CATAMARANS) : New
This international meeting, will also enable people to discover the multihull world production, with :
- AVENTURA 33 “HYBRID” (AVENTURA CATAMARANS): World Premiere
- DASH 7.50 (CORSAIR TRIMARANS) : New Version
- LEOPARD 48 (LEOPARD CATAMARANS) : European Premiere
- TAG 60 (TAG YACHTS) : European Premiere
- TRIMARAN C329 (ADVANCE CRUISING): World Premiere
Faithful above all, Philippe Echelle and the Golden Oldies will present legendary boats, totally refitted (prao GODIVA, FINE MOUCHE ex FLEURY MICHON IV, AILE BLEUE, FORMULE 40 ex BISCUITS CANTREAU) ; this nod to the past is worth.
The visitors will get to the exhibitors’ village through the channel via a floating/open bridge linking, this year again, the heart of the city, to the show. You will find many individual stands on the esplanade, and an exhibition hall where all the specialists (shipchandlers, electronics, sail-makers, services, charter companies…) will gather around the now famous ‘MULTIHULL CLUB DESIGN’.
The city « Grand-Mottoise », partner of the event, will live upon multihull rythm during 4 days and a half, and will offer the visitors many activities (photos exhibitions all around the city, boat trips on the catamaran Ocean Voyager « Lucille »…). Note that in partnership with the organization, the Tourism Office will invite all La Grande Motte inhabitants to visit the show, Thursday 11 (invitations to withdraw at T.O.).
If the first Mediterranean edition in 2011 was a revelation, the excitement this 2013 edition stirs up for the exhibitors, will make this unique rendez-vous in the world, a folk success…
So, multihull and water sports enthousiats, see you in La Grande Motte … !